Sunday 29 June 2014

Some results..

The morning after my GTT and other blood tests I went to the GP for something else. He happened to have my results. Gulp.


I have a bad habit of reading things over my drs shoulders on the computer screen. Maybe I'm paranoid, who knows. I read the results as he clicked each screen.


Progesterone 21 : 50
GTT: normal
Thyroid: subclinical hypothyroid ( FSH 5)


I was psyched not to be diabetic. I'd read a library book about diabetes cover to cover in case I had it. I also got a book about thyroid disease but didn't get to read that one. Of course I didn't!


I was over the moon about my progesterone level. It meant I'd ovulated and would be the correct level to support a baby.


I had no idea what hypothyroid meant. I asked the doctor what I should do about it and he said they would continue to monitor it.


I googled my life away that afternoon as from what I understand in order to conceive your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) should be 1-2. So clearly, with a level of 5 I would not conceive.


My next GYNO appt is not for another 3 weeks so this wait should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment