Sunday 29 June 2014

Researching during my wait, always a GREAT idea

I began reading my book about thyroid disease while away for my husbands birthday with his family. I wasn't the most social but I couldn't help it. The book seemed to simplify the fact that if you were hypothyroid you could just take a tablet and you would be feeling better.


I did some more researching online and from what I understand most people who are hypothyroid have something called hashimotos, where your immune system is attacking your thyroid gland. Not cool at all!


I then began reading into hashimotos and I saw that there are links between hashimotos/hypothyroidism and polycystic ovaries and endometriosis. As a person who apparently has all three this clicked with me. If the hashimotos is causing the hypothyroidism, then couldn't it be causing the polycystic ovaries and endometriosis?


After reading a blog about hashimotos, (http://hopeforhashimotosdisease.blogspot.com.au/) I decided to change my multivitamins from Conceive well gold to individual selenium and vitamin e in the morning, and a probiotic, folate and vitamin d in the evening. This blog also links an allergic reaction to milk to the cause of her hashimotos so I'm going to try to cut down on milk and see how I go. Also the general consensus on hypothyroidism is that you should cut right back on gluten so here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment